At Teads, we believe in everyone’s right to have a safer digital environment and to have its fundamental rights respected.
In order to do so, we provide you with :
- A clear information about the ad you have just seen.
- An easy way to report this ad.
About this ad
Why are you seeing this ad ?
- Basic ad: the ad is displayed based on the content of the website you are visiting, the type of content, the type of device your are using, the IP address of your device or general location such as country or city.
- Profiling: the ad is displayed based on your similarity to groups of people that the advertiser is trying to reach, based on your online activity, based on, for example: your age group, your gender, your level of education, or your interests.
To learn more about other actors that may use tracking technologies on your terminal you can go to Your online choices.
This section provides you with information specific to the United States of America in relation to your privacy. It supplements the General notice so as to reflect the requirements set out in the relevant US laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as amended and other state laws (collectively, “the state privacy laws”).
This US privacy notice also enables you to exercise the rights granted to you under the state privacy laws (see section 4 below).
2. Our Identity and Contact Details
Teads Inc is acting as third party in the US in respect of the provision of Teads business services to publishers and advertisers who use the Teads Technology.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Teads Inc – Intention to Data Protection Officer
3. Our Data Practices
|Category of Personal Information We Collect
|Categories of Recipients
Sales, Shares, Targeted Advertising, and Use of Sensitive Data. Teads uses data it collects, including sensitive personal information, to show ads that are based on your browsing activity across non-affiliated websites and apps, combines data collected across its clients to help enhance its products and services, and discloses data to its business partners. Such uses and disclosures may be considered a “sale” or “share” under the CCPA or “targeted advertising” under the other state privacy laws. In the previous 12 months, we may have “sold” or “shared” your personal information to the recipients listed in the table above.
We do not sell or share the information of any individual we know to be under 16 years of age. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information except for permitted business reasons.
4. Your data protection rights
4.1 Opt Out of Sale, Share, Targeted Advertising, and Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information
As a resident of any state with a state privacy law, you have the right to opt out of the use of your personal information for targeted advertising purposes and to opt out of any “sales” or “shares” of your personal information as defined by California law. You also have the right to limit how we use and disclose sensitive personal information about you. We extend these rights to everyone, regardless of whether they live. As a resident of California, you also have the right to opt out of certain uses of your sensitive personal information. You may exercise these rights by clicking Your Privacy Choices. You may also opt out by navigating the web with a legally-recognized universal opt out signal, such as the Global Privacy Control, enabled. This will cause information to cease to be added to any cookies or other tracking technologies that have been set on our Services or block them entirely. It will also ensure that we don’t process your personal information for targeted advertising purposes and limit our use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information. Please note that you will need to opt out again if you use a different device or browser or if you clear your cookies.
4.2 Access, Deletion, Correction of Personal Information
If you are a resident of any state with a state privacy law, you have the right to request that we provide access to or correction or deletion of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please follow the instructions below:
- How to Request Access to Personal Information: To exercise your right of access to your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying your Teads cookie ID below.
Following the exercise of your right of access, we will provide you with an excel file containing your personal data related to the device and the browser used for your request.
- How to Request Deletion of Personal Information: To request that Teads delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you, please use the opt out above. When you use this, we will delete the cookie or other identifiers we hold about you.
- To request correction of the personal information we hold about you, or if you have trouble exercising these rights, you may email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-866-467-8688 (1-866-I-OPT-OUT). When being prompted, please use the code 777#. If you are a resident of California, you have a right to exercise your rights via an authorized agent. Such agent may exercise your rights on your behalf using the same methods described in this policy.
4.2 Anti-Discrimination Right
You have the right to be free from discrimination if you choose to exercise your privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
4.3 Do Not Track Signals & Global Privacy Control
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. Global Privacy Control is a signal that users can send through their browsers or certain extensions. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal or uses Global privacy Control, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user or use their data for targeted advertising or to sell or share their data. At this time, we stop running targeted advertising when we receive a “do not track” or Global privacy Control signal.